If you had any doubts about the prevalence and veracity of Australia’s waste production matrix, take a brief moment to peruse the enlightening facts and figures shown below:
- There are upwards of 600 officially registered Australian dump sites and an estimated 2,000 unregulated ones.
- The country produces upwards of 18 million tonnes of refuse on an annual basis, which is more than enough to fill three million garbage trucks with compacted waste.
- Each year, the average Australian family produces enough garbage to fill a three-bedroom house from floor to
- About 40% of all waste produced comes from residential households.
- If you tied together all of the plastic bags used per year in Australia, the resulting rope could circle the globe more than 24 times.
- The energy required to produce an aluminium can is approximately 206MG/Kg, whereas the energy required to recycle a can is only 14MG/Kg, a savings of more than 90%.
- Each year, over 100,000 marine animals are killed as a direct result of metal waste in our oceans.
It’s easy to see that we have to make a discernible shift with regard to our waste practices; sadly, many people simply don’t care enough about our planet to make a conserved effort at recycling, not to mention the fact that recycling isn’t as cheap as just “throwing stuff out.”
Fortunately, today’s most prominent scrap metal companies have created an incredibly resourceful recycling system through which people can access the following benefits:
Cash for Scrap Metal
These environmentally-friendly processing plants specialise in recycling a wide range of metals and paying you for the raw materials, which means that going green can be a financially lucrative decision in today’s day and age. Shown below is the vast array of accepted items:
- PVC copper wire
- Aluminium and tin cans
- Electrical cables
- Old and new air conditioners
- White goods
- Metal truck and car parts
- Full-size car bodies
- Steel and stainless steel products
- Copper and brass
You can also get cash for old car batteries in Perth simply by visiting a renowned scrap metal firm, which is a huge boon when taking into account the fact that aged batteries tend to leak harmful acids and compounds directly into the Earth and any neighbouring waterways.
Pickup and Drop-Off Services
If you don’t have the conveyance provisions required to transport large quantities of metal or non-functioning vehicles, you can avail yourself of a comprehensive pickup service by reaching out to a distinguished local scrapyard. This will allow you to save on fuel expenses and hitch rental fees: a team of professionals will come directly to your property and remove the items without causing any damage to your land. This same-day or next-day service will also pay you for the raw materials!
If you establish a tight-knit relationship with one of these metal processing plants, you’ll also gain access to the following services as well:
- Catalytic converter recycling
- Scrap metal contracting services (for fabricators, engineers, electricians, and the like)
- Inclusive skip hire service for domestic and residential projects
- Wide selection of flatbed trucks, HIAB trucks, and bin lifters
- State-of-the-art weighing facility